Potter-mania

I read in the newspapers today that yesterday was the worldwide release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. There were people actually queuing up outside bookstores to get the book! At 4am!!! This is insane!

Potter-fans

Apparently in one Carrefour, the Potter book was sold out within 6 hours. My story? I walked into Tesco yesterday just before lunch because I needed to buy groceries. While I was there, I saw them selling the Harry Potter book. Not realising that it was the day of the worldwide release (since there was no crowd or no "rush" to buy the book), I strolled over, picked one of MANY books up and asked my partner whether I should waste money buying it. He asked me if I really wanted it. I said, "It's got a hardcover. I like hardcover books. I think I'll just get it". There was no one else rushing to buy the book. The only 3 people standing in front of the shelf were me, my partner and a guy wearing a Tesco shirt who was attempting to fill the entire shelf with a box full of the Deathly Hallows book.

Yes, Harry Potter fans are going to kill me. I didn't know anything about the book's release until I read the newspapers today. And I only bought the book because it has a hardcover.

My book

Anyway, I finished the book last night. I kinda already expected the ending so it wasn't too thrilling for me. I got on the internet today and found people saying they cried and cried while reading the book. Personally I thought it was boring. The only part I particularly enjoyed was Severus Snape's memories of his conversation with Dumbledore and he showed his Patronus. And Dumbledore said"After all this time?" And Severus replied "Always". That part was actually quite sweet. With a name like Severus Snape, it's hard to appear sweet. But that was pretty sweet. In a sick sort of way. But I digress.

I can't believe fans were bawling over the book and over who died. Honestly, I was not really captured by the story even though I read all the books and got to know all the characters thoroughly. Somehow the writer did not properly kill off any of the characters and it all felt too fake, too rushed, too boring. I certainly don't recommend anyone to read this unless, of course, they have read all the other Potter books and want to know what happens to Snape. You don't need to know what happens to Voldemort. It's obvious. He's the bad guy and bad guys always die. YAWN.

Lord of the Rings was way better. Potter doesn't even come close. Who cares about Potter? Go Frodo!!!!

LOTR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Created by the Princess and Turtle 2007