2 weddings and a turtle

Recently, everyone is getting married. Seriously. I mean EVERYONE is actually getting married. Because of this, I have to look for clothes to wear, hunt down my makeup and generally attempt to look passable so that I don't outshine the bride in the worst possible way. I mean, one way to outshine the bride is to put on a beautiful white dress, wear gorgeous and expensive jewellery and have your makeup and hair done up to the tens! Showing up like that is one BIG way to majorly p!$$ off the bride!



How dare you show up looking more lavish than the bride??

Another way to outshine the bride is to show up looking like something the cat dragged in. You know, like a lizard or a cockcroach. Dead, of course. And most likely torn up and missing a leg or two.
Something the cat dragged in...literally
Actually that is what I am talking about. I generally look like that these days. I work, and then I play and then I blog, and then I work. I don't sleep, I eat turtle food (sour tofu, half cooked eggs and boiled veggie with no seasoning) and I forgot what a TV looks like. So yeah, I look like a rag doll. If I go to weddings looking exactly like how I normally look like, the bride will probably try to get her best man to murder me and dump my body in the ditch outside the restaurant. Not that I blame her. So yeah, I have to go hunting for my makeup. And attempt to do up my hair. So here's the tranformation:

From 50% asleep + 50% dead

To 50% awake + 50% dead

The second picture is me on my way to Kelvin Chong's church wedding. His bride is so fair and sweet-looking. They had a lovely church ceremony. In fact, their wedding card was one of the nicest wedding cards I have ever seen. It had a hard cover, a lovely satin bow in the front and an emblem of their initials (Kelvin and Jobina). During the dinner, they had a slideshow of the wedding photos they had taken in London (I think) and it was absolutely breath-taking. She is so lovely and he is quite handsome. What a lovely looking couple!


This is Ye Chow and I on our way to the wedding dinner. We were stuck in a pretty nasty traffic jam so I did some cam-wh0ring...And yes, I still look 50% like something the cat dragged in. But at least the bride won't throw me into a ditch, right? We finally arrived at Shangri-La where the dinner was held. It was lavish and beautiful.

The most amazing coincidence was that my god-sister was one of the 6 bridesmaids and was partnered to a groomsmen who was my ex-boyfriend. Confused? So was I....Actually it was a little bit humourous when we wanted to take a picture of her walking in, because she was arm-in-arm with my ex...so our pictures of her contained pictures of my ex also! My mom said it looked like we were stalking my ex! Hahaha...oh man....

Anyway another wedding we attended was a luncheon by Ye Chow's old classmate. I was the only partner who attended (most of the other guys came alone). They were Ye Chow's friends from high school. Most of them looked like nerds (What to do, all from Science One and Science Two classes what do you expect...). Just like my Spouse. Just like me....No wonder I fitted in so well. So there were 4 batangs and a geek at our table.


The high school classmates....all from the same breed...

We were lucky the bride was sporting enough to come and Yam Sing (drink and cheers) with us...Any other bride would probably have walked the other direction! But then again, she also married another nerd (another science one guy)...just like me...so she's probably getting used to it also!! After all the weddings and excitement, we are both tired. Ye Chow looks very adorable when he is tired. He really does look like a turtle sticking his head out of a shell.


2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I was reading ur friendster blog and just happened to have watched ur video joke
    it was so funny, I started laughing
    haha =D
    anyways
    what was the joke u were saying in the video?
    lol
    anways, great blogs too
    will b back
    Mel said...
    Haha i look so dumb isn't it?? I forgot what joke it was. I only remember wanting to video myself telling it coz I always have a problem keeping a straight face when telling jokes. Most of them time I burst into laughter before telling the punchline and my listener would look at me cluelessly. I'm pretty lousy at telling jokes!!

Post a Comment




 

Created by the Princess and Turtle 2007