Butterflies and Fingernails: What do they have in common??

Recently, Marilyn and Shirley went to Malacca with Elaine and Wee Kiat. They went to a MLTR concert first, which I was invited but unfortunately I had some other family commitments (you know lar, family commitments have to come before friends, especially if they are the in-laws!). Anyway, they stayed overnight in Gentings and went to Malacca for one more night to stay with Elaine. ARRGGHHH so envious!! I wanna go too!

BUT Marilyn and Shirley were really really sweet. In Malacca, they went to the nails shop and got me something I really really wanted!!! Butterflies!! And nails!!! This is what butterflies and nails have in common:
Manicure stencils!! They are so cool. I bought the whole set previously, with two stencils, some nail polish, a stencil blade and the stamp to transfer the nail paint onto the fingernails. My set didn't have any butterflies on them and I was really quite disappointed. Marilyn and Shirley bought 2 stencils for me!! Not one but two!!! And both have something like 4 butterflies and 10 flowers on them!! I can't believe it! I feel so bad, I wanna pay them back for them!!! The stencils are ssssooooo pretty!!! My set:


Thank you Marilyn!!! Thank you Shirley!!! MUAKSSS!!! Oops, I shouldn't be kissing Shirley, otherwise her other half will come after MY other half and gay him! Yes Shirley, I know you're going to say "sweat".
How to use the nail stencil:
What you do is spread some nail polish onto the pattern on the stencil that you want to transfer. In my case, I chose to transfer two different butterflies: the smaller one for my fingernails and the larger one for my thumbnail. See the two patterns that are circled?
Yeah, those are the two.
I first painted my nails with a base coat to protect the nail surface. Next, I painted my favourite colour, which is a pale peach (so that it would match most of my clothes and is sombre enough to wear to work). And then it's stenciling time!! I chose black as my stenciling colour, so I spread some black nail polish onto the stencil with my pattern. I scraped off any excess nail polish using the stencil blade:
The pattern will then be ready for transfer from the stencil to the nail. This is where the stamp comes in handy.
I pressed the stamp onto the pattern, and then quickly transferred it to my nail. The process has to be repeated for all the nails. Finally, I applied a top coat (for the nails, not my body) to protect the colour and pattern. Once done, you can see how pretty the nails look.

Thanks Marilyn and Shirley!!! I love them!!! I can't wait to try all the rest of them out!!!! YEAH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Created by the Princess and Turtle 2007